Valve har akkurat rullet ut en ny, stor oppdatering til Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Alle endringene kommer som en del av Operation Wildfire, og inkluderer blant annet syv nye brukerskapte brett, nye oppdrag, en ny skrytemynt og en nyversjon av gode, gamle Nuke.
Nye Nuke har ikke bare fått en visuell oppgradering, Valve har også gjort en del essensielle endringer for å balansere kartet bedre slik at terroristene nå skal ha en bedre sjanse til å vinne.
Det nye Nuke-kartet er ikke offisielt et konkurransebrett enda, men skal testes under ESL Barcelona allerede denne uka.
Alle de nye kartene er gratis, men for å spille oppdragene, få erfaringspoeng, vise frem mynten til venner og bruke journalen for å se fremgangen din, må du betale 6 dollar, altså i overkant av 50 kroner. Da får du også en kiste med 16 våpendekorasjoner, og dersom du er heldig dukker det også opp en Bowie Knife.
To nye kampanjer
Operation Wildlife består i hovedsak av to kampanjer og et dynamisk oppdrag som endrer seg helt frem til operasjonen opphører 17. juni.
The Gemini Campaign er laget for samarbeid med en venn, mens The Wildfire Campaign er en blanding av Casual, Arms Race, Deathmatch og Demolition. Totalt er det 30 oppdrag som gir deg erfaringspoeng og oppgraderer utseende på skrytemynten. Det siste oppdraget kalles Blitz Mission og gir deg ekstra erfaringspoeng ved å utføre spesifikke ting.
Konkurransekartene Cache og Mirage har fått noen kosmetiske endringer, og Arms Race-kartene Safehouse, Lake, og Shoots er justert bittelitt.
Her er alle endringene (sitert Valve):
- Seven community maps available in Competitive Matchmaking as well as other game modes via the Operation Wildfire map group
- The Operation Wildfire Access Pass ($5.99) is now available giving access to the following features:
- The Operation Wildfire coin, upgradeable through the completion of challenge missions
- An Operation Journal that tracks your stats in official competitive matches and includes a Friends Leaderboard
- The cooperative Gemini Campaign, featuring replayable missions with individual mission leaderboards.
- The Wildfire Campaign, featuring 30 missions in Casual, Arms Race, Demolition, and Deathmatch modes.
- Blitz Missions, global events that grant bonus XP for completing a specific action (must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in Competitive Blitz Missions).
- Access to weapon drops from Operation collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, Chop Shop, and Rising Sun
- Exclusive access to the Operation Wildfire Case featuring 16 community-created weapon finishes and the all-new Bowie Knife.
- Nuke has returned (available in Matchmaking included in the Operation Wildfire map group). For more details, visit: http://counter-strike.net/reintroducing_nuke
- The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.
- M4A1-Silenced has been added to the rifle section of available Arms Race weapons.
- Fixed AWP icon to better represent the weapon’s silhouette
- The English string «ALIVE» in the playercount hud element is now a localized token.
- Inventory filter for All Weapons now filters out display items and music kits correctly.
- Inventory sorting by Quality now better groups items within the same quality by their slot.
- Updated the Nuke loading screen icon.
- Fixed particle rain not following the «in eye» player if you were spectating someone.
- Detail sprites (like grass) have been improved so many more can be rendered for much cheaper.
- [vbsp.exe] increased MAX_MAP_ENTITIES to 20480 from 16384 to compile bigger maps.
- Maps can have multiple radar images based on player height.
- Added several features to support a new mission type: Co-op Strike (game_type 4, game_mode 1)
- Added Co-op Strike items: Heavy Armor, Tactical Awareness Grenades, and Medi-Shot.
- Added new spawn point (info_enemy_terrorist_spawn) for use in Co-op Strike missions to spawn enemies which can specify somethings like unique models, loadouts, behavior, etc.
- Added an Exploding Barrel entity for use in the Co-op Strike missions
- func_hostage_rescue entity is now able to be disabled.
- Added a Heavy Phoenix enemy.
- Added item_coop_coin entity that displays how many (of 3) you’ve collected.
- In Co-op Strike mode, bots will no longer try to path through “blocked” nav areas.
- Bots can be set to «asleep» in Co-op Strike mode and they will stay put until they see an enemy, take damage or are the last enemy alive.
- Added a game_coopmission_manager entity to help manage and relay data to other entities/vscript for Co-op missions.
- The game_player_equip entity has been updated to allow maps to give any weapon to the activator with an argument.
- prop_door_rotating now blocks nav when closed, locked and unbreakable.
- Fixed an assert in prop_door_rotating where it tried to play a “locked” activity regardless of it had it when the player used it when locked.
- Added OnFirstPickedUp, OnDroppedNotRescued, OnRescued outputs to hostage entities.
- Added a convar (mp_c4_cannot_be_defused) that when enabled, prevents C4s from being defused.
- Resurrected the HL2 env_gunfire entity.
- Added two new convars for managing dropped weapons
- weapon_auto_cleanup_time «If set to non-zero, weapons will delete themselves after the specified time (in seconds) if no players are near.»
- weapon_max_before_cleanup «If set to non-zero, will remove the oldest dropped weapon to maintain the specified number of dropped weapons in the world.»
- Added a third option to mp_death_drop_grenade which makes all held grenades drop on death (used in Co-op Strike)
- Updated weapons in Hammer fgd to use weapon models that match the ones used when spawned in the world. Plus added some missing weapons.
- Added env_sprite_clientside entity which is just a clientside sprite (doesn’t use edicts).
- Now available in Competitive Matchmaking, and other game modes in the Operation Wildfire Map Group
- Fixed DM spawns
- Improved radar polish
- Improved visual polish
- Added physics to fence in Sun room
- Fixed numerous «pixel walks»
- Fixed one-way wallbang at mid (thanks TomCS!)
- Fixed fencing at T-spawn being non-solid (thanks JoshOnTwitch!)
- Removed wall-lamps that blocked visibility from ticketbooth to mid in bombsite A
- Removed shelf inside market near bombsite B (thanks TheWhaleMan!)
- Added a plywood board to bomb-crate in bombsite A to make throwing grenades under scaffolding more consistent
- Slight adjustments to Safehouse, Lake, and Shoots